So Roses. Day 2. Think this will be a little more interesting. I love looking at Greek Mythology. It is interesting where they came up with all these names and what the meanings are. The stories of everything is just amazing. I mean I guess it is like telling the story of what every little kid wants to know, “Where do babies come from?”, so like we all do is tell the story of the stork that drops off the baby on the front step in a basket. The myth/legend or whatever you want to call it starts from a story.
The Greek Mythology of a Rose:
Chloris is the minor goddess of vegetation. It derived from the name “chloros” meaning green. I would expect that to mean green thumb. Chloris is a girl. One of the stories I am reading about her is that she found a dead body of a nymph in the woods and turn it into a flower. She wanted to see Aphrodite the goddess of love and Dionysus, the goddess of wine (my girl). Aphrodite gave the flower beauty and Dionysus gave the flower the nectar to smell sweet. So a little bit of sunshine from Apollo and the west wind goddess blew the clouds away to make the flower bloom. (Found off of google.)
Roses and numbers of what they mean: (Pay attention boys and girls) 🙂
- 1- Love at first sight; you are the one
- 3- I love you
- 12- There are a dozen ways I care about you
- 18- I am sorry
- 24- Can’t stop thinking of you – 24 hours a day
- 36- A romantic attachment unlike any other
- 48- An unchanging and unconditional love
- 99- I will love you for as long as I live
- 100- Devoted to you until we are at a ripe-old age
- 108- Please Marry Me!
- 999- Everlasting and eternal love
Rose Color meanings:
- Red: An expression of love; a symbol of courage and respect
- Pink: Admiration; a new love that has yet to bloom, appreciation, motherly love
- White: Innocence, purity, secrecy, marriage, loyalty, reverence and humility
- Yellow: Joy and deep friendship or platonic love. It could also denote jealousy, infidelity, a dying love and farewell.
- Blue: Mystery, the impossible and the unattainable
- Purple: Love at first sight, enchantment and all things magical